masters competition in NY city early in 2018?

Former Member
Former Member
hello there, i would like to visit NY city and combine it with a competition. Can someone advise me a web page with a calendar of masters events in NY? USMS web page does not show anything. thank you
  • hello there, i would like to visit NY city and combine it with a competition. Can someone advise me a web page with a calendar of masters events in NY? USMS web page does not show anything. thank youI can't guarantee this, but check out either http://metroswim.org/ or www.colonieszone.org/calendar.htm. Also, many Masters events are often posted quite 'late' in my opinion when it comes to trying to plan travel, especially if it involves booking flights. There are very good reasons for this, principally that Masters events are typically 'bottom of the barrel' when it comes to locking down pool time (e.g., behind high school swimming, USA swimming, regular programming, etc.). What might help is for you to look back at results on these pages from 2016 and 2017 to see if there were events held around the timeframe you envision visiting NYC in the future. Then, figure out which team hosted those events and ping the team directly to see if they will host a meet in a similar timeframe when you're likely to travel.
  • hello there, i would like to visit NY city and combine it with a competition. Can someone advise me a web page with a calendar of masters events in NY? USMS web page does not show anything. thank you Usually there is a meet at the Flushing Meadows Corona Park pool in April. It's run by NYC Parks & Recreation and it has always been free to sign up. They usually post it sometime in February.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    This site often has more up to date information than the metro swim site. www.excelswimming.com/.../Upcoming.htm The Fall Classic is coming up soon at Eisenhower Park. It's an SCM meet held right around Thanksgiving weekend. Deep water 10 lane pool. Keep an eye out for a December SCM in NYC. AGUA Masters hosts that one at the Asphalt Green. deep water 10 lane pool. There's always a February Valentine's Day meet at the CW Post campus in Old Westbury. scy 8 lane pool (6 lanes used for the meet) ....and the each Spring there's scy meet at the Flushing pool. awesome pool. 10 lane.