2017 Tech Suits

First time poster! Swam through college, took ~6 year break. Dipped my feet back in this summer and took the plunge and joined a Masters training group when I moved in August. Short-term goal is an SCM meet in November and I figured I might as well get a decent suit for it... little did I know that tech suits have gotten more varied since even super-suit 2009! When I was swimming, I was 6'1", 175# and fit pretty well in a 28 jammer. I'm now 195# with a lot of that extra weight in my legs/butt from the weightlifting I've done in the interim, so I'm definitely not a 28 anymore (trust me, I tried with one of my old suits, didn't work!). Anyone have any insight on how some of the different tech suits run these days? And/or any personal preferences on "budget" suits in the
Parents
  • A suit you might be interested in is the Nerofit jammer made by Blue Seventy. It's advertised as being easier to get on and I think it is designed with masters swimmers in mind. I don't own one, so can't vouch for whether the leg openings are slightly bigger than a normal tech suit, but it's worth a look. I've had good experiences with Blue Seventy suits. The NeroTX is a great suit.I had a Nerofit jammer awhile back and it was a good suit, and did what you said. However, it's longevity vs. the TYR Tracer Light was not as good. I've tried all sorts of tech suits from TYR, BlueSeventy and Finis. For me, I have found the TYRs to be the best in terms of fit and longevity. I think the Tracer Light is the best value for money and, for 95%+ of Masters swimmers, it's all you ever need. I think most of us could do a lot more training-wise and/or nutrition-wise that would have a bigger impact on our swimming performance than the small gain you'd get from upscaling to a more expensive suit.
  • A suit you might be interested in is the Nerofit jammer made by Blue Seventy. It's advertised as being easier to get on and I think it is designed with masters swimmers in mind. I don't own one, so can't vouch for whether the leg openings are slightly bigger than a normal tech suit, but it's worth a look. I've had good experiences with Blue Seventy suits. The NeroTX is a great suit.I had a Nerofit jammer awhile back and it was a good suit, and did what you said. However, it's longevity vs. the TYR Tracer Light was not as good. I've tried all sorts of tech suits from TYR, BlueSeventy and Finis. For me, I have found the TYRs to be the best in terms of fit and longevity. I think the Tracer Light is the best value for money and, for 95%+ of Masters swimmers, it's all you ever need. I think most of us could do a lot more training-wise and/or nutrition-wise that would have a bigger impact on our swimming performance than the small gain you'd get from upscaling to a more expensive suit.
Children
No Data