What wetsuit gear for swimming in outdoor pool in TX

Former Member
Former Member
We have a 40 foot pool we built and I love swimming laps in the morning. Usually 100, and I do not kick off so I get sorta of a continuous swim. Anyway, I want to continue to swim throughout the winter. What wetsuit and gear is recommended? Temps normally stay around 40's. I was thinking full wetsuit with gloves and hoodie. I only do *** stroke if that makes any difference. I would appreciate any advice on apparrel. I would like to keep it low of course but iof course want to spend money on something that works. BTW: We have thought about getting the pool heated..that is down the road though. Thanks in advance Joe
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I used the Xterra VOlt yesterday...probably did not need it yet but I decided to test it out. I did not do laps but spent 80 minutes in the pool diving down and scrubbing the bottom and sides and vacuuming. I think I would have gotten a tad cold if I did not wear it. Water temp at the bottom of the pool was 68-70 I like it. Fits pretty snug but not restrictive. Thanks for all the advice
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I used the Xterra VOlt yesterday...probably did not need it yet but I decided to test it out. I did not do laps but spent 80 minutes in the pool diving down and scrubbing the bottom and sides and vacuuming. I think I would have gotten a tad cold if I did not wear it. Water temp at the bottom of the pool was 68-70 I like it. Fits pretty snug but not restrictive. Thanks for all the advice
Children
No Data