what to expect

My masters group is not coached. Only about 10% of what I've learned about starts, strokes and turns was learned from other swimmers and the rest I learned online. I'll be on vacation next month and will swim with a coached masters swim team. I don't know what to expect! I've emailed the coach and he knows my ability level; I think I've bothered him enough. I know they're all different, but tell me what yours is like!
Parents
  • It's not often that we have more than 2 per lane, but it happens. The lane with three should all be of equivalent speed. Then there is seldom a conflict on the turns. If I'm forced to circle swim, being the slowest, I need to stop every few laps to let another pass. When you know the other swimmer is going to be passing soon, you stop at the wall and move to the left, let them kick off the right side and head up the lane left. Then you follow until the next time.
  • It's not often that we have more than 2 per lane, but it happens. The lane with three should all be of equivalent speed. Then there is seldom a conflict on the turns. If I'm forced to circle swim, being the slowest, I need to stop every few laps to let another pass. When you know the other swimmer is going to be passing soon, you stop at the wall and move to the left, let them kick off the right side and head up the lane left. Then you follow until the next time.
Children
No Data