what to expect

My masters group is not coached. Only about 10% of what I've learned about starts, strokes and turns was learned from other swimmers and the rest I learned online. I'll be on vacation next month and will swim with a coached masters swim team. I don't know what to expect! I've emailed the coach and he knows my ability level; I think I've bothered him enough. I know they're all different, but tell me what yours is like!
Parents
  • For my first masters practice, I was expecting the sets to be written on the board. But nope, our coach yells it out to us. He has to repeat several times because people are just chatting away and not paying attention. 90% of the time, someone on my lane has to "translate" it to me. If there are interval sets, he would assign different intervals to the different lanes. Sometimes he will swim with us. Freaks me out all the time when he pops up in my lane to tell me what I need to work on. Oh, and mine starts at 6 am, but really we warm up for 30 min on our own and then the coach will start talking at 6.30 am. Have fun!!
  • For my first masters practice, I was expecting the sets to be written on the board. But nope, our coach yells it out to us. He has to repeat several times because people are just chatting away and not paying attention. 90% of the time, someone on my lane has to "translate" it to me. If there are interval sets, he would assign different intervals to the different lanes. Sometimes he will swim with us. Freaks me out all the time when he pops up in my lane to tell me what I need to work on. Oh, and mine starts at 6 am, but really we warm up for 30 min on our own and then the coach will start talking at 6.30 am. Have fun!!
Children
No Data