Why are there very few Masters Swimmers under 40?

I was wondering why there are so few Masters Swimmers under 40. I've visited multiple swim clubs and noticed very few swimmers under 40.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I know very few of my people in my age group (under 40) who swim. I understand there are other non-swimming activities. For example, running is much more popular than swimming. But I wonder why there are very few who are interested in swimming as exercise in general, without considering swimming in a USMS club? Pool admittance, swimsuit, and goggles actually don't amount to that much. When I swam in my college years, it was just these essentials. I would say lack of access to pools and for adult-onset swimmers, the time and effort necessary to educate yourself how to swim at all.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I know very few of my people in my age group (under 40) who swim. I understand there are other non-swimming activities. For example, running is much more popular than swimming. But I wonder why there are very few who are interested in swimming as exercise in general, without considering swimming in a USMS club? Pool admittance, swimsuit, and goggles actually don't amount to that much. When I swam in my college years, it was just these essentials. I would say lack of access to pools and for adult-onset swimmers, the time and effort necessary to educate yourself how to swim at all.
Children
No Data