Losing energy real fast when swimming in deeper water

Former Member
Former Member
My question is about freestyle stroke that i am learning at this time. When i try to do a lap, as i go to the deeper side of the pool (5+ ft) i feel very very exhausted. I'm perfectly okay in the less deeper side though (5 ft and below). Is there anything i could be doing incorrectly and losing all my energy? I am unable to finish one lap because i am losing all my energy!
Parents
  • It looks as if we agree that the fear of deep water is the thing that causes you to do poorly. If you can't make one length then you need lessons to correct any stroke problems you have. This will also increase your confidence to do better. Please do not enter in any "open water"swims until you are much better!
  • It looks as if we agree that the fear of deep water is the thing that causes you to do poorly. If you can't make one length then you need lessons to correct any stroke problems you have. This will also increase your confidence to do better. Please do not enter in any "open water"swims until you are much better!
Children
No Data