Kudos to forumite and now English Channel crosser ...

... Kurt Dickson! He swam this overnight and completed this in 10:20. :applaud::agree::bow:
Parents
  • .....Finally, most swim in cold water which was impossible in Arizona (I believe this might have been most helpful). I was talking with a friend yesterday who lives in Georgia but loves ice swimming. She told a very funny story about going to a tractor supply store (like Home Depot for farmers) to try out cow troughs by lying in them. She found the right one, and spent all last winter filling it up with ice water to soak in to train for the cold water. :agree: Belated congratulations Kurt!! :bow:
  • .....Finally, most swim in cold water which was impossible in Arizona (I believe this might have been most helpful). I was talking with a friend yesterday who lives in Georgia but loves ice swimming. She told a very funny story about going to a tractor supply store (like Home Depot for farmers) to try out cow troughs by lying in them. She found the right one, and spent all last winter filling it up with ice water to soak in to train for the cold water. :agree: Belated congratulations Kurt!! :bow:
Children
No Data