Kudos to forumite and now English Channel crosser ...

... Kurt Dickson! He swam this overnight and completed this in 10:20. :applaud::agree::bow:
Parents
  • Plus I took my wife and daughter to crew for me. Then my daughter got married and I felt guilty and had to bring him. Also, one should get there several days either side of your tide in case you go early or late--2 weeks lodging. 4 flights in the economy class (where the floor starts looking like a great place to be after 10 hours of flying). Rental car (max out the insurance--those narrow roads are insane!) for 2 weeks. Grand total of around 15-20k. Don't worry I've not started a Go fund me. I am selling one of my kidneys on the black market however. It's a lot, but if there's anything that's a "once in a lifetime" event, this is pretty much it!
  • Plus I took my wife and daughter to crew for me. Then my daughter got married and I felt guilty and had to bring him. Also, one should get there several days either side of your tide in case you go early or late--2 weeks lodging. 4 flights in the economy class (where the floor starts looking like a great place to be after 10 hours of flying). Rental car (max out the insurance--those narrow roads are insane!) for 2 weeks. Grand total of around 15-20k. Don't worry I've not started a Go fund me. I am selling one of my kidneys on the black market however. It's a lot, but if there's anything that's a "once in a lifetime" event, this is pretty much it!
Children
No Data