Kudos to forumite and now English Channel crosser ...

... Kurt Dickson! He swam this overnight and completed this in 10:20. :applaud::agree::bow:
Parents
  • You swam against a current in cold water in the EC and STILL did 10:xx hrs?! Just... wow! I'm getting slowly into marathon swims, and a recent one, partly against a current resulted in a dnf (6.5 out of 8 miles. .... last year, I finished, so 8 is my longest swim... 21 isn't even on the horizon at the moment, although a double digit swims keeps beckoning). Would love to know how you handle/prevent the pain. My arms feel like they're going to fall off when I go longer than 3-4 miles. Bottom line. .... huge congratulations! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  • You swam against a current in cold water in the EC and STILL did 10:xx hrs?! Just... wow! I'm getting slowly into marathon swims, and a recent one, partly against a current resulted in a dnf (6.5 out of 8 miles. .... last year, I finished, so 8 is my longest swim... 21 isn't even on the horizon at the moment, although a double digit swims keeps beckoning). Would love to know how you handle/prevent the pain. My arms feel like they're going to fall off when I go longer than 3-4 miles. Bottom line. .... huge congratulations! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Children
No Data