Im stuck, any advice would be great.

Former Member
Former Member
I have been practising with a masters team since June 17. It has been 3 months and my 25m breaststroke seem to be stuck at 20 secs. It is very frustrating and even increasing the stroke rate and tempo did not seem to help. At a slow pace, my stroke count is 7 and time wise 20 to 25 seconds. At faster tempo, stroke count increases to 13 -15, and time still 20 seconds. 50m length wise, the lowest stroke count was 16. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and what I can work on to improve? I have a meet coming up in November and I hope to better than 20 secs... Thanks in advance guys.
Parents
  • Actually the timing is pretty good and the kick is good. You are pulling with "dropped elbows" and that is really impairing your power. Your elbows should always be near the surface. During the pull they should be above the hands. Think reaching over a barrel, or think of a position somewhat similar to EVF in free.
  • Actually the timing is pretty good and the kick is good. You are pulling with "dropped elbows" and that is really impairing your power. Your elbows should always be near the surface. During the pull they should be above the hands. Think reaching over a barrel, or think of a position somewhat similar to EVF in free.
Children
No Data