Im stuck, any advice would be great.

Former Member
Former Member
I have been practising with a masters team since June 17. It has been 3 months and my 25m breaststroke seem to be stuck at 20 secs. It is very frustrating and even increasing the stroke rate and tempo did not seem to help. At a slow pace, my stroke count is 7 and time wise 20 to 25 seconds. At faster tempo, stroke count increases to 13 -15, and time still 20 seconds. 50m length wise, the lowest stroke count was 16. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and what I can work on to improve? I have a meet coming up in November and I hope to better than 20 secs... Thanks in advance guys.
Parents
  • Just keep plugging away at it. Plateaus are normal and when it comes to a meet you will be faster than 20 sec. Ideas, however, would be to try doing some of your sets as builds and/or descending. Also, keep the rate and tempo the same but try to squeeze a little extra distance out of each stroke and overemphasize your push-offs and turns. Good luck!
  • Just keep plugging away at it. Plateaus are normal and when it comes to a meet you will be faster than 20 sec. Ideas, however, would be to try doing some of your sets as builds and/or descending. Also, keep the rate and tempo the same but try to squeeze a little extra distance out of each stroke and overemphasize your push-offs and turns. Good luck!
Children
No Data