WOrkouts during prolonged breaks (i.e.2 months of 1 per week

Anyone deal with prolonged breaks from routine workouts? I was going 5-6 days per week, averaging 3000 yards or so each workout through May. School's out, kids stuff, and all of that, and now I'm lucky if I can hit one per week. Well, my kid just made the Zones team, so now I'm gone all next week, too. Not complaining, more bragging, but still. So, I'm lucky if I get in one workout per week. And I have a really hard time wiht it (following the basic training workouts on the workout forum). I went from struggling to get through a workout to flat out not being able to. That's where I am, now. So the question I have is, has anyone been in a similar situation, and what did you do? Would I be better off just going there and noodling it through a few thousand easy yards just to keep the body moving? Or should I try to do a workout, knowing I might not get in but 22-2300 yards before I'm done? Should be able to get back to a routine in a few more weeks, but until then, what i the best thing to do? I'm inclined to just going back to doing 6-8 sets of 500 yards.
Parents
  • THanks for the congrats on the daughter. She had a great LC Championship meet. 5 AAAA times, 6 team records, 2 wins, 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th. 3rd overall in points for her age group. I think she got a few senior sectional cuts, too (she is 12). Our team in general had a great meet. Only 65 kids on the team, but half made cuts (only 21 went though). We ended up with 10 wins, 10 seconds, and 2 3rds. 3 kids made the Zones team (we have two 11-12 girls going!). I think the team finished 7th out of 44, and beat some teams with more kids there than we have period. Fantastic! Congratulations to your daughter!! I know one person (besides you and your wife) who will be VERY proud of your daughter! ;) I'm sure I'll hear all about it when GCA starts up again for the 2017-2018 season! :agree:
  • THanks for the congrats on the daughter. She had a great LC Championship meet. 5 AAAA times, 6 team records, 2 wins, 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th. 3rd overall in points for her age group. I think she got a few senior sectional cuts, too (she is 12). Our team in general had a great meet. Only 65 kids on the team, but half made cuts (only 21 went though). We ended up with 10 wins, 10 seconds, and 2 3rds. 3 kids made the Zones team (we have two 11-12 girls going!). I think the team finished 7th out of 44, and beat some teams with more kids there than we have period. Fantastic! Congratulations to your daughter!! I know one person (besides you and your wife) who will be VERY proud of your daughter! ;) I'm sure I'll hear all about it when GCA starts up again for the 2017-2018 season! :agree:
Children
No Data