Jammers with long legs

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I a am new to this forum, but have been lurking around for some time :) I usually swim recreationally two or three times per week and finally got myself some jammers. Thought it was about time, since my focus is generally on improving my technique. The thing is, I am almost 6'2" and quite slim (143 lbs or so). In my opinion the legs are also a tiny bit longer than usual, probably not a very good body type for swimming anyway ;) My waist is 31" and I usually wear 31" or 32" in jeans. When it comes to a proper fit in swim gear, I usually have to size down in order to not get a baggy experience around the waist. Having the choice between size 30 and 32, I went with 30. I bought a TYR Durafast Elite Solid jammer and a Speedo Endurance+ Polyester Solid jammer - both in size 30. The fit is ok, but I find the one from TYR slightly better. It both fits better without wrinkles and is more comfortable. I do not mind that is a bit tight around the leg openings, it just prevents to legs from riding up. Will see how it holds up over a longer time period though. However, I noticed that the TYR jammer legs stop at around 3 3/4" from the top of my knees, the Speedo is quite similar. I would not mind having a couple of inches of extra leng length, but then again, maybe this is nothing to worry too much about. Are there any other jammers to look at with slightly longer legs? Not very fancy race oriented ones, just something good for practice.
  • Masters rules say “For men, the swimsuit shall not extend above the navel nor below the knees”. And while you aren’t interested in competing most swimsuit manufacturers design suits to competition specifications.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Sure, thanks for your input :) I have been using the jammers I got for a longer time period now, and I think this is not a big issue at all (only in my head). I will keep the TYR pair I currently like and order a couple of more.
  • Former Member
    I've just commented on a post about short legs too. I have a pair of Jaked jammers that I need to turn up to wear (they were a good deal!). Maybe see if you can try some Jaked, if they are available in the US?
  • Former Member
    Thanks for the tip, but currently I think I will stay with the ones from TYR. Actually just received a pair of Alliance Durafast Splice Jammers, but have not tried them on. However, they seem just a tad bit longer than the Durafast Elide Solid jammers (bah, who invented those product names?!). Got to try them a couple of times and se how it works out. But most importantly, if they really are solid over time ;)
  • jammers are supposed to end a few inches above the knee. however, i see plenty of boys and men who seem to want more coverage down to and over the knee. makes no sense to me (i'm in a brief myself) - the fun parts are 12" to the north and the suit is already tight around there; and stretching them down only encourages and exacerbates the baggyness that kills these suits.