Competition/Tech suit advice- Male sprinter

Former Member
Former Member
Looking for the best competiton suit for butterfly/freestyle sprinter. He's had carbon pro and speedo LZR racer X. I can't find much info from 2017 on best suits for his events. I heard the MP suit only lasted a couple races. Also was looking at the TYR Avictor if anyone has tried either of those, I'd love to hear feedback.
  • TYR Avictor is worn by many olympic swimmers . I looked into it but could not afford it. If you find a sponsor that wants to get me one , let me know.
  • Just googled the male TYR Avictor. They are a little pricey! $349!! I did see some wild patterned ones for $199 - a little better!! Good look in the search!
  • I wish girls suits were only $350! At any rate, if it is anything like girls, the best one is the one that fits. 67Princess couldn't wear the LZR, it was baggy in the legs. One Arena puffed out in the back. The second Arena fit well. Thank heavens we got it at 40% off (and it was her Christmas present), was $500 normally.
  • I love the Avictor, and if you don't mind "last years" colors you can find it cheaper.
  • I fit the caption and have tried Speedo and Blue Seventy tech suits. I found the Blue Seventy far outlasted the Speedo.
  • I've had good luck with the Arenas. I bought an older model Carbon Flex at a decent price earlier this year. Its a quality suit. Very similar to the Carbon Pro which has lasted well.
  • I've had good luck with the Arenas. I bought an older model Carbon Flex at a decent price earlier this year. Its a quality suit. Very similar to the Carbon Pro which has lasted well. Similar experience here. I've tried most of the Carbons. The Air is really light and probably more comfortable, but doesn't last as long as the others either (the Arena rep admitted it to me beforehand as well, so it's a common experience). The Arena Carbon Pro jammer is my favorite of the suits. The compression is particularly "stiff" making it suitable for sprint events. Makes my kick feel effortless. But I wouldn't recommend it for breaststroke or distance-ish events.
  • male TYR Avictor. I will look into the lower $$$ . thanx for the tip