Video! How not to pause and lift my head for breath?

Former Member
Former Member
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hi, as far as I can see you seem to be looking straight to the bottem of the pool. I know that there are a lot people (basically all the total immersion guys) who encourage other swimmers to do that. From my BroScience this is not a good idea, because looking straight to the bottom of the pool will cause your butt to go to the surface and you will have a swim downhill effect. At the first glance this might seem to be a good effect, but actually it is not, because is makes it much harder to breath and that will destroy your rhythm. Furthermore it will make it much more difficult to engage your legs effectivly and in my believe a strong constant 6 beat kick will not just give you constant propulsion but will also add rhythm and punch to your stroke. I believe you should lift your head a bit up. As attachment some video shots visualizing the above: www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch ----- shot from second 6 BTW even if you are 2 beat kicker a lifted head would be still adventageous as the follwing swimmers visualize: www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch greetings Bob