Day Before Meet

I am a 59-year old masters swimmer, in my 6th year back after a 35-year layoff. Swimming just two 50s at a Sunday meet. Two questions: Do I rest the day before, do a light workout, or a full workout? I swam yesterday. Second question: How much warm-up on the day of for just two sprints?
Parents
  • I've only been to 2 meets, but yes, I would still recommend a warmup. As orca1946 said, it's always good to get a feel for the turns. I am so used to pushing against tiled walls, but in my second meet, it didn't even feel like it was a wall, most probably just a separator between the main pool vs the warmup pool. It felt really off the first few times I did my turns.
  • I've only been to 2 meets, but yes, I would still recommend a warmup. As orca1946 said, it's always good to get a feel for the turns. I am so used to pushing against tiled walls, but in my second meet, it didn't even feel like it was a wall, most probably just a separator between the main pool vs the warmup pool. It felt really off the first few times I did my turns.
Children
No Data