Distance events and mixed medley added to Tokyo Olympics.

Former Member
Former Member
swimswam.com/.../ Men's 800 free and women's 1500 free added as well mixed 400 medley relay. Other mixed relays and stroke 50s not added.
Parents
  • My thinking is that a mixed medley presents more of a challenge to the coaches. With mixed free, barring event limitations, you just toss in your two fastest men and women. I don't think it's that simple in a mixed medley. (Or maybe it is, and I'm just not thinking about the problem correctly.) It isn't, there are a lot more possibilities with mixed medley relays. As a summer league coach, I address this problem every other week (five age groups, A/B/C relays per age group). In our summer league, a further complicating factor is that you can have 3 or even 4 females in a "mixed" relay, not just 2. Free relays are easy, Team Manager will even suggest them for you and usually they are correct or close to it.
  • My thinking is that a mixed medley presents more of a challenge to the coaches. With mixed free, barring event limitations, you just toss in your two fastest men and women. I don't think it's that simple in a mixed medley. (Or maybe it is, and I'm just not thinking about the problem correctly.) It isn't, there are a lot more possibilities with mixed medley relays. As a summer league coach, I address this problem every other week (five age groups, A/B/C relays per age group). In our summer league, a further complicating factor is that you can have 3 or even 4 females in a "mixed" relay, not just 2. Free relays are easy, Team Manager will even suggest them for you and usually they are correct or close to it.
Children
No Data