Distance events and mixed medley added to Tokyo Olympics.

Former Member
Former Member
swimswam.com/.../ Men's 800 free and women's 1500 free added as well mixed 400 medley relay. Other mixed relays and stroke 50s not added.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    absolutely NOT!!! they will use the fastest guy in the 100 fly and 100 *** for the relay thats already on the team. same for 100 back and 100 free for women that are already on the team. ZERO new spots I was wondering if every country would use the same gender for the same strokes so I looked at the world record differential between all four stroke 100s. It is 5.15 free, 6.27 back, 7.22 ***, and 5.66 for fly. The best option might be for women to swim free and fly and men to swim back and ***. Depending on a country's individual swimmers they might swap fly and back but free should always be done by a woman and *** by a man.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    absolutely NOT!!! they will use the fastest guy in the 100 fly and 100 *** for the relay thats already on the team. same for 100 back and 100 free for women that are already on the team. ZERO new spots I was wondering if every country would use the same gender for the same strokes so I looked at the world record differential between all four stroke 100s. It is 5.15 free, 6.27 back, 7.22 ***, and 5.66 for fly. The best option might be for women to swim free and fly and men to swim back and ***. Depending on a country's individual swimmers they might swap fly and back but free should always be done by a woman and *** by a man.
Children
No Data