Distance events and mixed medley added to Tokyo Olympics.

Former Member
Former Member
swimswam.com/.../ Men's 800 free and women's 1500 free added as well mixed 400 medley relay. Other mixed relays and stroke 50s not added.
Parents
  • This is AWESOME ... but now I need to create a new picture/emoji thing for this forum ;) I was hoping that they would add the 50 of strokes before adding any relays. Its interesting that they would add a Mixed Medley Relay instead of a Mixed Free Relay. The 200 Relays would make more sense because they have been going for sometime now and they would not take as much time as the 400 Relays. Maybe because of time, they only wanted one 400 Relay and maybe that is why only one. I would think they would want to duplicate the events at the FINA World Championships and that is why I am surprised of no 50 of strokes. This opens up the medal capacity of mid distance and distance free swimmers. Someone like Katie Ledecky could win 7 golds if she can get on the team as a relay swimmer for the 100 Free.
  • This is AWESOME ... but now I need to create a new picture/emoji thing for this forum ;) I was hoping that they would add the 50 of strokes before adding any relays. Its interesting that they would add a Mixed Medley Relay instead of a Mixed Free Relay. The 200 Relays would make more sense because they have been going for sometime now and they would not take as much time as the 400 Relays. Maybe because of time, they only wanted one 400 Relay and maybe that is why only one. I would think they would want to duplicate the events at the FINA World Championships and that is why I am surprised of no 50 of strokes. This opens up the medal capacity of mid distance and distance free swimmers. Someone like Katie Ledecky could win 7 golds if she can get on the team as a relay swimmer for the 100 Free.
Children
No Data