Salt Water Pools and Records

Someone told me salt water pools are now disqualified from USMS records and Top Ten eligibility. Is this true? I can't find any reference to this in the rule book.
Parents
  • Well my curiosity is...who is the governing body for say the open water swim in the Olympics? Is that FINA, or does IOC act as the authority for just that one swimming event? Dan the IOC currently (for better or worse) recognizes fina as the governing body of all aquatic sports fina.org/.../fina-rules www.fina.org/.../finaowrules_20152017.pdf OWS 1.1 OPEN WATER SWIMMING shall be defined as any competition that takes place in rivers, lakes, oceans or water channels except for 10km events OWS 5.2 The course shall be in water that is subject to only minor currents or tide and may be salt or fresh water. this took me all of 3mins to find and post
  • Well my curiosity is...who is the governing body for say the open water swim in the Olympics? Is that FINA, or does IOC act as the authority for just that one swimming event? Dan the IOC currently (for better or worse) recognizes fina as the governing body of all aquatic sports fina.org/.../fina-rules www.fina.org/.../finaowrules_20152017.pdf OWS 1.1 OPEN WATER SWIMMING shall be defined as any competition that takes place in rivers, lakes, oceans or water channels except for 10km events OWS 5.2 The course shall be in water that is subject to only minor currents or tide and may be salt or fresh water. this took me all of 3mins to find and post
Children
No Data