Salt Water Pools and Records

Someone told me salt water pools are now disqualified from USMS records and Top Ten eligibility. Is this true? I can't find any reference to this in the rule book.
Parents
  • dan, in almost all cases the usms rules are identical to the usa-s/fina rules. in a few cases the usms rules are far better than usa-s. lets not compare laughable fina whose vagueness/lacks allowed buoyant neck to ankle teflon zipper suits allowed because speedo paid them. open water is a separate discipline than pool swimming. since i, myself, swam in the 2012 world masters open water championships in the Adriatic Sea, i am pretty sure its allowed. besides fina would just make it legal for that one meet anyway. Well my curiosity is...who is the governing body for say the open water swim in the Olympics? Is that FINA, or does IOC act as the authority for just that one swimming event? Dan
  • dan, in almost all cases the usms rules are identical to the usa-s/fina rules. in a few cases the usms rules are far better than usa-s. lets not compare laughable fina whose vagueness/lacks allowed buoyant neck to ankle teflon zipper suits allowed because speedo paid them. open water is a separate discipline than pool swimming. since i, myself, swam in the 2012 world masters open water championships in the Adriatic Sea, i am pretty sure its allowed. besides fina would just make it legal for that one meet anyway. Well my curiosity is...who is the governing body for say the open water swim in the Olympics? Is that FINA, or does IOC act as the authority for just that one swimming event? Dan
Children
No Data