Salt Water Pools and Records

Someone told me salt water pools are now disqualified from USMS records and Top Ten eligibility. Is this true? I can't find any reference to this in the rule book.
Parents
  • open water is a separate discipline than pool swimming. since i, myself, swam in the 2012 world masters open water championships in the Adriatic Sea, i am pretty sure its allowed. besides fina would just make it legal for that one meet anyway. Not to mention there are no "records" or "top ten" for open water. Everyone recognizes every open water course is going to be a little different. You can really only compare yourself to the other swimmers in a particular race.
  • open water is a separate discipline than pool swimming. since i, myself, swam in the 2012 world masters open water championships in the Adriatic Sea, i am pretty sure its allowed. besides fina would just make it legal for that one meet anyway. Not to mention there are no "records" or "top ten" for open water. Everyone recognizes every open water course is going to be a little different. You can really only compare yourself to the other swimmers in a particular race.
Children
No Data