Salt Water Pools and Records

Someone told me salt water pools are now disqualified from USMS records and Top Ten eligibility. Is this true? I can't find any reference to this in the rule book.
Parents
  • Do those USMS rules differ from USA Swimming/FINA rules? Or, was an exception made for the 2016 Rio Olympics 10k open water marathon swim? Dan dan, in almost all cases the usms rules are identical to the usa-s/fina rules. in a few cases the usms rules are far better than usa-s. lets not compare laughable fina whose vagueness/lacks allowed buoyant neck to ankle teflon zipper suits allowed because speedo paid them. open water is a separate discipline than pool swimming. since i, myself, swam in the 2012 world masters open water championships in the Adriatic Sea, i am pretty sure its allowed. besides fina would just make it legal for that one meet anyway.
  • Do those USMS rules differ from USA Swimming/FINA rules? Or, was an exception made for the 2016 Rio Olympics 10k open water marathon swim? Dan dan, in almost all cases the usms rules are identical to the usa-s/fina rules. in a few cases the usms rules are far better than usa-s. lets not compare laughable fina whose vagueness/lacks allowed buoyant neck to ankle teflon zipper suits allowed because speedo paid them. open water is a separate discipline than pool swimming. since i, myself, swam in the 2012 world masters open water championships in the Adriatic Sea, i am pretty sure its allowed. besides fina would just make it legal for that one meet anyway.
Children
No Data