Salt Water Pools and Records

Someone told me salt water pools are now disqualified from USMS records and Top Ten eligibility. Is this true? I can't find any reference to this in the rule book.
Parents
  • I found the relevant USMS rules: 105.3.5 A record can only be made in fresh water. No records will be recognized in any kind of sea or ocean water and 105.2.4 A Top 10 time can only be made in fresh water. No Top 10 times will be recognized in any kind of sea or ocean water. So the key is "sea or ocean water." That means pools using a saline chlorination system would be OK. Unfortunately the pool in question for me uses water pumped in from Puget Sound.
  • I found the relevant USMS rules: 105.3.5 A record can only be made in fresh water. No records will be recognized in any kind of sea or ocean water and 105.2.4 A Top 10 time can only be made in fresh water. No Top 10 times will be recognized in any kind of sea or ocean water. So the key is "sea or ocean water." That means pools using a saline chlorination system would be OK. Unfortunately the pool in question for me uses water pumped in from Puget Sound.
Children
No Data