Making the best of things while traveling

I was recently skiing in Colorado (late season trip to A-Basin). I stayed in a hotel with a 50-foot long outdoor pool. In four days, I managed two workouts where I swam about 120 laps (2000 yards) each time. Lots of turns! Anyone else with a similar experience? In breaststroke, after my pullout, it took me only 3-4 strokes to complete the lap. How much effort do folks make to find regulation pools while traveling? When I was in Whistler, I actually found a town rec center that had a 25-meter pool.
Parents
  • "I've read some of the blogs, and I've noticed that people do visit and workout with other master clubs while travelling. How does that work?" SSUMargot - I've looked at other teams on Where to Swim, contacted the coach when it was possible, then just showed up. Some will ask for a minor drop in fee, while most will just let you jump in with them. It's fun to get something different on occasion. On my last team, we'd have people show up about once/month or so.
  • "I've read some of the blogs, and I've noticed that people do visit and workout with other master clubs while travelling. How does that work?" SSUMargot - I've looked at other teams on Where to Swim, contacted the coach when it was possible, then just showed up. Some will ask for a minor drop in fee, while most will just let you jump in with them. It's fun to get something different on occasion. On my last team, we'd have people show up about once/month or so.
Children
No Data