Making the best of things while traveling

I was recently skiing in Colorado (late season trip to A-Basin). I stayed in a hotel with a 50-foot long outdoor pool. In four days, I managed two workouts where I swam about 120 laps (2000 yards) each time. Lots of turns! Anyone else with a similar experience? In breaststroke, after my pullout, it took me only 3-4 strokes to complete the lap. How much effort do folks make to find regulation pools while traveling? When I was in Whistler, I actually found a town rec center that had a 25-meter pool.
Parents
  • I've said this many times before, but www.swimmersguide.com and the USMS places to swim tool are the traveling-swimmers' best tools for locating a pool. While there is a good deal of overlap between these two tools, each of them, depending upon the city you are in, will often have a pool (or a few) that the others don't. like Patrick I too travel a fair amount and the only time I have traveled and been unable to find a pool was in medina, Saudi Arabia. these resources are awesome and the swimming community is very welcoming. It takes a little bit of getting out of your comfort zone to swim with a new team, but after a while it's actually quite exhilarating. Everyone I have swum with have been very friendly.
  • I've said this many times before, but www.swimmersguide.com and the USMS places to swim tool are the traveling-swimmers' best tools for locating a pool. While there is a good deal of overlap between these two tools, each of them, depending upon the city you are in, will often have a pool (or a few) that the others don't. like Patrick I too travel a fair amount and the only time I have traveled and been unable to find a pool was in medina, Saudi Arabia. these resources are awesome and the swimming community is very welcoming. It takes a little bit of getting out of your comfort zone to swim with a new team, but after a while it's actually quite exhilarating. Everyone I have swum with have been very friendly.
Children
No Data