Petite Female Swimmer

As a petite female in her upper 30's is there anything I can do to overcome my height limitation when it comes to competitive swimming? I stand at 5ft. 2 1/2 inches and know that I'm at a disadvantage purely based on my height alone. Are there certain events that would be better geared towards the petite swimmer than other events?
Parents
  • Thank you for the info Chris. I've been working on my fly because I enjoy the stroke. I can do a 50m fly and am working on building my fly workout. As for breaststroke, it is not my favorite stroke and I can't seem to get my feet to turn out correctly but will work on it as there might be some potential with that stroke. My go to event right now is the 100 free.
  • Thank you for the info Chris. I've been working on my fly because I enjoy the stroke. I can do a 50m fly and am working on building my fly workout. As for breaststroke, it is not my favorite stroke and I can't seem to get my feet to turn out correctly but will work on it as there might be some potential with that stroke. My go to event right now is the 100 free.
Children
No Data