Petite Female Swimmer

As a petite female in her upper 30's is there anything I can do to overcome my height limitation when it comes to competitive swimming? I stand at 5ft. 2 1/2 inches and know that I'm at a disadvantage purely based on my height alone. Are there certain events that would be better geared towards the petite swimmer than other events?
Parents
  • The guy next to me at my solo swim is so tall, he is pretty much half way down the pool as he is pushing off the wall. And he can't do flip turns on one end of the pool because it is too shallow for him. He is that tall. Jealous... Anyways, there is a woman I know, in her late 50s, I believe she is about your height. Her freestyle isn't her fastest stroke but she is still way faster than I am. She tends to do *** stroke and back stroke at meets, and usually the 100 or 200 events.
  • The guy next to me at my solo swim is so tall, he is pretty much half way down the pool as he is pushing off the wall. And he can't do flip turns on one end of the pool because it is too shallow for him. He is that tall. Jealous... Anyways, there is a woman I know, in her late 50s, I believe she is about your height. Her freestyle isn't her fastest stroke but she is still way faster than I am. She tends to do *** stroke and back stroke at meets, and usually the 100 or 200 events.
Children
No Data