Issues with sprinting

Former Member
Former Member
Hey there. I'm a sprinter and my main events include 50 fly and free. However, at most times, after finishing my race I feel like I could've gone much faster and done much better. I don't feel tired at all. When I try to go faster during the race, it's like something is holding me back. I'm not tired, I'm trying to go fast but it just doesn't happen. I don't go fast even if I pull more efficiently and kick with more power. I've tried doing 100s but I absolutely suck at them. What would you advice? Also, I lot of people have told me that this happens because I don't sprint properly. Any tips on how to sprint properly?
Parents
  • Maybe work on getting your arm turnover up a bit more? Try using a tempo trainer to figure out where you are now (roughly), then work to increase with time, but not to the point where you're just spinning your arms and not catching water. For example, set the TT at a stroke count of 80 to get a feel for that. If you can go a bit faster than that, pop it up a couple more until you get to a spot where you can have faster arm speed and still get good traction. Then start doing sets at this speed. Over time, pop it up one more beep and you can get faster.
  • Maybe work on getting your arm turnover up a bit more? Try using a tempo trainer to figure out where you are now (roughly), then work to increase with time, but not to the point where you're just spinning your arms and not catching water. For example, set the TT at a stroke count of 80 to get a feel for that. If you can go a bit faster than that, pop it up a couple more until you get to a spot where you can have faster arm speed and still get good traction. Then start doing sets at this speed. Over time, pop it up one more beep and you can get faster.
Children
No Data