Counting Distance Events

Asking for a friend :) If the person counting lengths next to you repeatedly questions your count in the 1650 and then reluctantly admits she's not sure if she's correct, is it OK to push her in the pool?
Parents
  • Whenever I've swum events that had a timer and a bell ringer they were different people. The timer was someone I selected (or who volunteered to help me), while the bell ringer was an official of some sort. They were also at different ends of the pool. Have they now combined the roles? Here's the wording from the USMS Rule Book: 103.8.7 Warning Signal—With the exception of relays, in events 500 yards or longer the starter or a designee shall sound a warning signal over the water at the finish end of the lane of the leading swimmer when that swimmer has two lengths plus 5 yards or 5 meters to swim. As an alternative, a bell warning signal may be given over each lane by a lane judge or timer in that lane. At Nationals the alternative method was used with one of the lane timers ringing the bell.
  • Whenever I've swum events that had a timer and a bell ringer they were different people. The timer was someone I selected (or who volunteered to help me), while the bell ringer was an official of some sort. They were also at different ends of the pool. Have they now combined the roles? Here's the wording from the USMS Rule Book: 103.8.7 Warning Signal—With the exception of relays, in events 500 yards or longer the starter or a designee shall sound a warning signal over the water at the finish end of the lane of the leading swimmer when that swimmer has two lengths plus 5 yards or 5 meters to swim. As an alternative, a bell warning signal may be given over each lane by a lane judge or timer in that lane. At Nationals the alternative method was used with one of the lane timers ringing the bell.
Children
No Data