Swimming and Passing Gas

I've been swimming seriously with a Masters group for about a year and a half now. I have no prior competitive swimming experience so my coach has had to fix lots of problems with my form as well as build my swim specific conditioning. I seem to have a lot of trouble with feeling gassy and needing to break wind towards the end of practice. Some evenings I get out of the pool and am quite bloated. It seems to happen on evenings when we do a lot more speed work and I am breathing hard. I am not naturally a sprinter in any sport and spent most of last year working on long distance OW events with less emphasis on speed. So working on sprints is still a developing skill. I'm guessing something is wrong with how I breathe. Any ideas or suggestions?
Parents
  • Be careful that your body doesn't form a habit ;) For the past year or so, every time I get to the pool - every single time - no matter the time of day - I have to go. If you know what I mean. It's like ringing a bell for a dog. Crazy.
  • Be careful that your body doesn't form a habit ;) For the past year or so, every time I get to the pool - every single time - no matter the time of day - I have to go. If you know what I mean. It's like ringing a bell for a dog. Crazy.
Children
No Data