Swimming and Passing Gas

I've been swimming seriously with a Masters group for about a year and a half now. I have no prior competitive swimming experience so my coach has had to fix lots of problems with my form as well as build my swim specific conditioning. I seem to have a lot of trouble with feeling gassy and needing to break wind towards the end of practice. Some evenings I get out of the pool and am quite bloated. It seems to happen on evenings when we do a lot more speed work and I am breathing hard. I am not naturally a sprinter in any sport and spent most of last year working on long distance OW events with less emphasis on speed. So working on sprints is still a developing skill. I'm guessing something is wrong with how I breathe. Any ideas or suggestions?
Parents
  • Sounds like you are swallowing air when you speed up. Pay attention next time to see if you are gulping air instead of keeping your breathing relaxed and even. The extra effort could also just be shaking up your insides a little.
  • Sounds like you are swallowing air when you speed up. Pay attention next time to see if you are gulping air instead of keeping your breathing relaxed and even. The extra effort could also just be shaking up your insides a little.
Children
No Data