Calf Cramps

I am fairly new to swimming and have started experiencing calf cramps the last two visits to the pool (during freestyle and fly). I typically stretch out my muscles after completing an initial 100 freestyle and continue to stretch off and on throughout my 1 hour workout. I try to stay hydrated throughout my workout and eat a dill pickle after each workout as I have heard they are good for muscle cramps. Any other suggestions on how to avoid these calf cramps??? Thanks Everyone :)
Parents
  • I had similar cramps when I first started using training fins. I would avoid fins for a day, it got better, and when I put them back on, the cramps came back. Eventually it went away completely. I've used fins everyday this last week, and I didn't get any cramps.
  • I had similar cramps when I first started using training fins. I would avoid fins for a day, it got better, and when I put them back on, the cramps came back. Eventually it went away completely. I've used fins everyday this last week, and I didn't get any cramps.
Children
No Data