LZR Racer Pro too small?

Former Member
Former Member
I'm swimming at Nationals next month and figuring out the best suit size for me. I'm a female, 5'7" and 128 lbs. Last year was my first year wearing a tech suit, and I went with LZR Racer Pro, which I really liked. I wore a size 26, but I felt it could have been a tad smaller. I'm in the middle of the size chart between 25L and 26, and I just tried on a 25L and was able to get it on, but getting it over my butt was quite the production. I tried some air freestyle and backstroke (my events at Nats), and it felt good, but it felt soooo tight when I squatted for a turn and bent over for a start. I think I can get away with it, but my butt is on the bigger side for my frame and I'm afraid it might rip. Is this a legitimate concern, or am I being paranoid? After I took it off all the threads and seams still looked in place, so that's good. I tried on a new 26 for comparison and after the 25L I feel like it might have too much room, but I'd rather be safe than have a Ricky Berens suit-ripping moment. Any insights would help! :-)