First Meet - Last Minute Questions

Heading to Sewanee, TN in the morning for my first meet. Please keep in mind I have never participated in/attended a swim meet. Food: A good pre race breakfast consists of? What foods are good for the day (I swim in the first event and the last event so this will an all day affair.)? caffeine or energy gels before events? Contents of swimbag: I know all the basics to bring. Is there anything a newbie would not know to bring that he wish he had brought? Shaving: If so, what? I want to blend in with the other guys. Im ok with being the slow guy. I just don't want to be the slow hairy guy. Timing mats: I do not do flip turns. Is there a mat in the water I need to touch w my hand so my splits are recorded? If I touch the wall but not the mat am I a DQ? Diving: My local pool does not allow diving. Therefore, I plan on diving in from the edge of the pool and not the blocks. Any special rules about that? Long races: For the 1000 free, if necessary, can I go to an ugly/illegal *** stroke? If I use breaststroke do I need to touch the wall with two hands? Can I rest for a few seconds by holding on to the wall or ropes? Thanks in advance for any advise!
Parents
  • Looks as if all is answered, the only input I have is Jim Oliver's Smokehouse has breakfast buffet, maybe red eyed gravy, that would give plenty of energy to get through the 1000. I'll be looking for hairy man in the 1000. See you at Sewannee!
  • Looks as if all is answered, the only input I have is Jim Oliver's Smokehouse has breakfast buffet, maybe red eyed gravy, that would give plenty of energy to get through the 1000. I'll be looking for hairy man in the 1000. See you at Sewannee!
Children
No Data