Stoke Development and Improvement Clinic

there is a scheduled stroke development and improvement clinic that I am interested in attending. Has anyone ever attended one of these clinics? If so, any thoughts on the experience is greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • In terms of attending clinics, knowledge is definitely power. The more you are able to learn the better off you will be. As Allen mentioned, you can learn something from most clinics you attend. However, you should keep in mind that each clinic will have different objectives. As the consumer here, you will need to do some research on the coaches leading the clinic, and what will be offered - video analysis, for example, is an essential element to a good clinic since it provides an excellent way to view your stroke and understand what areas of your stroke need improvement. Also get an idea of the focus for the clinic you have in mind to see if it matches with your goals and what you hope to achieve. Finally, I would ensure that the clinic is limited to smaller groups - or at least has an excellent coach-swimmer ratio. You will receive more individualized attention in smaller groups or clinics where there are more coaches involved that you would at a larger clinic. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • In terms of attending clinics, knowledge is definitely power. The more you are able to learn the better off you will be. As Allen mentioned, you can learn something from most clinics you attend. However, you should keep in mind that each clinic will have different objectives. As the consumer here, you will need to do some research on the coaches leading the clinic, and what will be offered - video analysis, for example, is an essential element to a good clinic since it provides an excellent way to view your stroke and understand what areas of your stroke need improvement. Also get an idea of the focus for the clinic you have in mind to see if it matches with your goals and what you hope to achieve. Finally, I would ensure that the clinic is limited to smaller groups - or at least has an excellent coach-swimmer ratio. You will receive more individualized attention in smaller groups or clinics where there are more coaches involved that you would at a larger clinic. Hope this helps and good luck!
Children
No Data