Stoke Development and Improvement Clinic

there is a scheduled stroke development and improvement clinic that I am interested in attending. Has anyone ever attended one of these clinics? If so, any thoughts on the experience is greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • I've done a number of stroke clinics over the past couple of years with some pretty good folks: Sheila Taormina, Terry Laughlin, Dr. G, and Chloe Sutton. Even though they all approached things from somewhat different directions philosophically, the end goals were pretty much the same. I think you have to go into a clinic with an open mind to what is being presented and be willing to try new things that may seem difficult and challenging at first. While there were a few things that just "clicked" as soon as I was taught them in the clinics, most technique changes took a lot of subsequent repetition in my workouts to build muscle-memory and consistency. I also think clinics are beneficial by having an objective set of eyes take a look at your stroke occasionally to point out things (either good or bad) that you may not realize that you're doing. BTW, I 100% agree with Jack's comment above that there is no substitute for the immediate feedback that you get from on on-deck coach.
  • I've done a number of stroke clinics over the past couple of years with some pretty good folks: Sheila Taormina, Terry Laughlin, Dr. G, and Chloe Sutton. Even though they all approached things from somewhat different directions philosophically, the end goals were pretty much the same. I think you have to go into a clinic with an open mind to what is being presented and be willing to try new things that may seem difficult and challenging at first. While there were a few things that just "clicked" as soon as I was taught them in the clinics, most technique changes took a lot of subsequent repetition in my workouts to build muscle-memory and consistency. I also think clinics are beneficial by having an objective set of eyes take a look at your stroke occasionally to point out things (either good or bad) that you may not realize that you're doing. BTW, I 100% agree with Jack's comment above that there is no substitute for the immediate feedback that you get from on on-deck coach.
Children
No Data