Unavoidable layoff and its effects

I just had a meet and was unhappy with my 50 times...about a second slower than two months ago in both events (free and ***). I swam regularly (2200-3000 three or four times a week), including for the two weeks just prior to the meet, but before that, I took an entire week off (actually, 9 days) for a ski trip to Colorado. Could such a layoff have affected my times all that much, given that I am only swimming sprints?
Parents
  • Waves101 your friend sounds amazing. Thank you for the great advice. I think one of the big factors holding me back is that I've moved to a new area and don't have my old swim buddies anymore, so I need to get out and make new ones. And leaving all the gear behind is a good idea. I will look for an excuse to go instead of not. And get used to being in a new place.
  • Waves101 your friend sounds amazing. Thank you for the great advice. I think one of the big factors holding me back is that I've moved to a new area and don't have my old swim buddies anymore, so I need to get out and make new ones. And leaving all the gear behind is a good idea. I will look for an excuse to go instead of not. And get used to being in a new place.
Children
No Data