Kid is going to quit.

Anyone have a kid who quit at 15?
Parents
  • Anyone have a kid who quit at 15?My second daughter scaled back her competitive swimming right around this age. The club my kids swam at, Scottsdale Aquatic Club, had a group they called 'High School Development' which was kind of like a USMS fitness workout for high school kids - no competition requirements, no attendance requirements, focused on fun and fitness. The original intent of the group was to provide year-round training for kids who only wanted to compete during the high school season, but they welcomed anyone (e.g., my daughter didn't even compete in HS). It was a great way for her to stay swimming and stay in shape. She did that through high school and is now swimming Masters. I don't know if many USAS clubs do this type of group, but I think it was a win-win: club got continued revenue and kids didn't drop out.
  • Anyone have a kid who quit at 15?My second daughter scaled back her competitive swimming right around this age. The club my kids swam at, Scottsdale Aquatic Club, had a group they called 'High School Development' which was kind of like a USMS fitness workout for high school kids - no competition requirements, no attendance requirements, focused on fun and fitness. The original intent of the group was to provide year-round training for kids who only wanted to compete during the high school season, but they welcomed anyone (e.g., my daughter didn't even compete in HS). It was a great way for her to stay swimming and stay in shape. She did that through high school and is now swimming Masters. I don't know if many USAS clubs do this type of group, but I think it was a win-win: club got continued revenue and kids didn't drop out.
Children
No Data