Anyone near Richmond, VA?

I'll be in Richmond, VA on Presidents' Day weekend and will be swimming at the American Family Fitness Short Pump location. Is anyone from that area and know how nice the pool is? I had hoped to be able to swim at Midlothian YMCA or SwimRVA.
Parents
  • Here are the options I know about. NOVA: www.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp. Mark's a great coach. No cost, loud music during workout, a funny coach, in the Short Pump area. Disclosure: I swim here. POWM: www.pelusoopenwater.com/. Awesome pool, good coaches, somewhat focused on triathletes. There is a daily fee to use it, around $10 if I remember right. ACAC: http://acac.com/midlothian/. Coached by Jim Miller, former USMS coach of the year, and his assistants. They swim MWF mornings, TTh evenings, and on weekends. ACAC will charge you a daily fee (not cheap but you also can use their gym, which is quite good). I can give you Jim's email if you are interested. I swam there for many years. SwimQuest: www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp. I don't know if they charge anything and I'm not sure who coaches master. Dudley Duncan, coach of the USA team, is a great coach and I know they sometimes pay for him to travel to USMS nationals. Tuckahoe YMCA has a "masters" group that are not all USMS swimmers. Pool is shallow, the people are friendly, workout is focused on aerobic swimming. I know less about the schedule, I know on some mornings they have 5-6am and 6-7am practices. You should google/call them for more info. PM me if you want more info about any of these. There are also other options, like the JCC, that have some organized swimming that I don't know too much about.
  • Here are the options I know about. NOVA: www.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp. Mark's a great coach. No cost, loud music during workout, a funny coach, in the Short Pump area. Disclosure: I swim here. POWM: www.pelusoopenwater.com/. Awesome pool, good coaches, somewhat focused on triathletes. There is a daily fee to use it, around $10 if I remember right. ACAC: http://acac.com/midlothian/. Coached by Jim Miller, former USMS coach of the year, and his assistants. They swim MWF mornings, TTh evenings, and on weekends. ACAC will charge you a daily fee (not cheap but you also can use their gym, which is quite good). I can give you Jim's email if you are interested. I swam there for many years. SwimQuest: www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp. I don't know if they charge anything and I'm not sure who coaches master. Dudley Duncan, coach of the USA team, is a great coach and I know they sometimes pay for him to travel to USMS nationals. Tuckahoe YMCA has a "masters" group that are not all USMS swimmers. Pool is shallow, the people are friendly, workout is focused on aerobic swimming. I know less about the schedule, I know on some mornings they have 5-6am and 6-7am practices. You should google/call them for more info. PM me if you want more info about any of these. There are also other options, like the JCC, that have some organized swimming that I don't know too much about.
Children
No Data