Coaching help for solo swimmer

As a former college swimmer and water polo player I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do to get in shape and with all the video and other info available on the web I can study technique. But I'm 56 and just recently started swimming again. My first meet is this weekend and it'll be the first time I've raced since 1984! So, while I feel good about where I am after training for 60 days, I feel like some coaching help, and eyes, could be of great benefit. But I live in a rural part of TX, about 100 M from Houston, and 120ish to Austin and San Antonio. I'm basically a freestyler and my specialty in college was middle distance, 1:45, 200 free; 4:30, 500 free; 46.0, 100 free. I have no illusions of ever getting close to those times again but I'd like to get as fit and fast as possible and my question is, what options do I have for some coaching help? Help with planning workouts and possibly a 2-3 day visit every month or so to get some hands on work. Any tips on coaches or clubs in the area where I might get some help? Thanks.
  • Look into places to swim that might have a masters team . You can drop in to that team practice without joining the team for all weekly practice sessions. It sounds , with your back ground, that you know how to swim meets. At the meet ask other where they swim and you might find sone place closer to you. Have fun & good luck.