What to include in every workout

I've been swimming for 8 years and have just begun making a list of drills and sets to do in the last few months. A swimming friend of mine said she thought I needed some speed work. That's all fine and good, but how often? I swim 4 days per week. I've been in 1 meet and plan to be in a other next month. Should I include everything in each workout? Speed, technique and what else? Thanks in advance.
Parents
  • What is a threshold set? There are others much more knowledgeable than I on here that can describe exactly what's happening. But threshold swimming is between aerobic swimming and sprinting. There are sets in the workout forums that describe threshold sets. One such for me can be doing the following: 3X {200free {150 free { 100 free {50 free So if my base 100 time is 1:30, and if I go 1:30/100 on the first time through, take a :30 rest, go 1:25/100 on second time through, take a :30 rest and then go 1:20/100 on third time through, I'm not sprinting, but I can barely finish the set on the intervals. I know by including a set or two like this per week, my base 100 time improves.
  • What is a threshold set? There are others much more knowledgeable than I on here that can describe exactly what's happening. But threshold swimming is between aerobic swimming and sprinting. There are sets in the workout forums that describe threshold sets. One such for me can be doing the following: 3X {200free {150 free { 100 free {50 free So if my base 100 time is 1:30, and if I go 1:30/100 on the first time through, take a :30 rest, go 1:25/100 on second time through, take a :30 rest and then go 1:20/100 on third time through, I'm not sprinting, but I can barely finish the set on the intervals. I know by including a set or two like this per week, my base 100 time improves.
Children
No Data