What to include in every workout

I've been swimming for 8 years and have just begun making a list of drills and sets to do in the last few months. A swimming friend of mine said she thought I needed some speed work. That's all fine and good, but how often? I swim 4 days per week. I've been in 1 meet and plan to be in a other next month. Should I include everything in each workout? Speed, technique and what else? Thanks in advance.
Parents
  • So given my goals, I do weigh my workouts more heavily on mid to long distance aerobic swimming, but at least once a week, I put in a speed set and twice a week, I put in a threshold set. In the off season (like now) I vary widely, and do a lot of IM work just to keep myself interested in the pool. What is a threshold set?
  • So given my goals, I do weigh my workouts more heavily on mid to long distance aerobic swimming, but at least once a week, I put in a speed set and twice a week, I put in a threshold set. In the off season (like now) I vary widely, and do a lot of IM work just to keep myself interested in the pool. What is a threshold set?
Children
No Data