Triathlete swimmers - pool etiquette

Ok have to get this off my chest. We got shut down from our previous 4 lanes that are rented to our club to 2 lanes. This left me in a bind. Excellent coach. You had guys who were young (20's), all the same speed/talent. They went into one lane. I got in the other with every level. That became quite an issue because sometimes the people were a little larger, making it very hard/impossible to flip turn or even get to the wall. Things changed as we came back from the Christmas break. I've been practicing everything, took off only when I got sick, Christmas Day and New Years Day. I found a pool to practice for a 1st weekend in Feb. heavy meet (all 200's and 500). There were 3 guys who came back and me. The first time the slowest of the guys came in last week. We had a hand collision that I still have a bruise on my finger from last week. That one time, he refused to swim with me. One of the other guys did. Tonight, I had 2 new guys, triathletes. One is larger than the other. We had to circle swim and I said this aint gonna work. He said we have ot make it work. Well not at the expense of my swim. I'm very upset. One of the main sets were 6x50 :15 rest and 9x100 :20 rest. The larger guy took about 6 of those times where he would leave behind me, and I'd see him on my left after the flags. Neither of them can flip turn. This guy would do an open turn on the left, and I'm trying to go in the middle and to the right, per etiquette. At least as far as I knew. My turns would be jammed or whatever, and didn't appear to care. Then at the end, he and the other guy would break and face the blocks, not the lane lines. So more than a few times I'm hitting someone because I don't have 1/3 of the middle to try and flip and move to the right to circle swim. On top of this a couple of times they tried to talk to me at the 15 or 20 second break. I didn't say anything or respond. If you need longer rest intervals, not a problem, but not when I'm less than 3 weeks away from a heavy meet. I need to practice. My workout got interrupted enough. The coach said something one time about my flip turns. I said I can't do it I have to watch. He could tell I was furious. I had said something earlier about them. Have to add this: we have a night of sprint stuff, a night of long distance (both mostly free) and then a stroke/IM workout night. What are these guys going to do, kill me when we have stroke/IM night? One of the guys was doing some *** stroke work tonight, which I don't care but as long as they don't run into me, or interfere with flip turns, I'm fine. Am I wrong or what? If it wasn't for the fact this is about the only game in town I would leave. My problem is I shouldn't have to leave a good coach because of others. I am looking at a couple others to see what else I could do but I'm tired (and have said it) of getting the shaft because I'm the one that does swim meets and all, and I constantly get the problems in this lane. I'm sure the teammate who collided with me last week said the same thing, but the fact that he, the slowest of the guys, wouldn't move over, says a lot to me about some of the teammates. Any comments all?
Parents
  • 2 lanes seems like a small amount. How many lanes are there 4 - 5 - 6 - 8? The coach should make some team talk concerning test issues. Yes, if they are passing you , they should lead. why are they stopping when you are doing a flip turn?
  • 2 lanes seems like a small amount. How many lanes are there 4 - 5 - 6 - 8? The coach should make some team talk concerning test issues. Yes, if they are passing you , they should lead. why are they stopping when you are doing a flip turn?
Children
No Data