Tumble turns with snorkel

I spent some time today trying to teach myself to tumble turn with a snorkel. I can tumble turn fine. I can swim with a snorkel fine. When I try to put the two together, I repeatedly half-drown (and frustrate) myself. Tips?
Parents
  • I don't use a snorkel for swimming. But I do use one when I'm "snorkeling" off the beach...like when I'm on vacation in the Caribbean. When I dive to the bottom and then re-surface...the first thing I do as I break the surface is a hard blow to get all the water out of the snorkel. Thinking that IF I used a snorkel for swimming, that's what I'd do after a flip/tumble turn (I'm exhaling then anyway). But with the flip, it may take some coordination and practice like knelson suggested. So (in the pool) try doing what I do when I'm snorkeling. Once you get that coordinated, try it with a tumble/flip and see how it goes. Good luck. Dan
  • I don't use a snorkel for swimming. But I do use one when I'm "snorkeling" off the beach...like when I'm on vacation in the Caribbean. When I dive to the bottom and then re-surface...the first thing I do as I break the surface is a hard blow to get all the water out of the snorkel. Thinking that IF I used a snorkel for swimming, that's what I'd do after a flip/tumble turn (I'm exhaling then anyway). But with the flip, it may take some coordination and practice like knelson suggested. So (in the pool) try doing what I do when I'm snorkeling. Once you get that coordinated, try it with a tumble/flip and see how it goes. Good luck. Dan
Children
No Data