Ever heard of a ceiling light falling into pool...

...due to the "corrosive nature of the humid, chorinated air"? This happened recently at a pool I swim at, and I have never heard of it happening anywhere. Thoughts? Experiences? I'm hearing from the peanut gallery (i.e. non-swimmers) that this sort of thing must happen or will happen elsewhere. Seems to me places like California and Florida, with the added salt in the air, would have safety measures/materials built in. So my thought, initially, is a) it was a fluke, or b) the construction wasn't done by a company experienced in pools. Thanks for any thoughts.
Parents
  • And who is to be inspecting the fixtures and surrounding equipment? Yes - I also have noticed newer pools have perimeter lighting , maybe to counteract this sort of problem. It also makes for a darker pool as the lights do not illuminate the center of pools I have swum in.
  • And who is to be inspecting the fixtures and surrounding equipment? Yes - I also have noticed newer pools have perimeter lighting , maybe to counteract this sort of problem. It also makes for a darker pool as the lights do not illuminate the center of pools I have swum in.
Children
No Data