Ever heard of a ceiling light falling into pool...

...due to the "corrosive nature of the humid, chorinated air"? This happened recently at a pool I swim at, and I have never heard of it happening anywhere. Thoughts? Experiences? I'm hearing from the peanut gallery (i.e. non-swimmers) that this sort of thing must happen or will happen elsewhere. Seems to me places like California and Florida, with the added salt in the air, would have safety measures/materials built in. So my thought, initially, is a) it was a fluke, or b) the construction wasn't done by a company experienced in pools. Thanks for any thoughts.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Maybe that is why California and Florida have so many outdoor pools LOL Yes, this happened to our main pool in college. Some part of a light fixture fell into the pool for unknown reason (fortunately while nobody was in the pool - I don't even know if anybody was in the area to see it). We had to stay out of the pool for a couple weeks while they inspected the rest of the fixtures. Fortunately we had a 4-lane 25y pool in the building to use during the interim (better than nothing). Florida has a lot more common with Texas than California. Both Florida and Texas have high humidity while California doesn't unless you live near Sacramento. Housing cost in both Florida and Texas are similar while Ca is a lot more expensive unless you lived in rural areas. This is an article on the Inland Empire where Clary the Olympian swimmer came from. Its growing several times faster than LA, Orange and San Diego counties because the housing is cheaper and its about 50 miles from the Ocean.www.pe.com/.../county-801796-percent-riverside.html Texas also has water since its on the Gulf of Mexico and is has mention similar to Florida where you have a lot higher humidity than California is.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Maybe that is why California and Florida have so many outdoor pools LOL Yes, this happened to our main pool in college. Some part of a light fixture fell into the pool for unknown reason (fortunately while nobody was in the pool - I don't even know if anybody was in the area to see it). We had to stay out of the pool for a couple weeks while they inspected the rest of the fixtures. Fortunately we had a 4-lane 25y pool in the building to use during the interim (better than nothing). Florida has a lot more common with Texas than California. Both Florida and Texas have high humidity while California doesn't unless you live near Sacramento. Housing cost in both Florida and Texas are similar while Ca is a lot more expensive unless you lived in rural areas. This is an article on the Inland Empire where Clary the Olympian swimmer came from. Its growing several times faster than LA, Orange and San Diego counties because the housing is cheaper and its about 50 miles from the Ocean.www.pe.com/.../county-801796-percent-riverside.html Texas also has water since its on the Gulf of Mexico and is has mention similar to Florida where you have a lot higher humidity than California is.
Children
No Data