Ever heard of a ceiling light falling into pool...

...due to the "corrosive nature of the humid, chorinated air"? This happened recently at a pool I swim at, and I have never heard of it happening anywhere. Thoughts? Experiences? I'm hearing from the peanut gallery (i.e. non-swimmers) that this sort of thing must happen or will happen elsewhere. Seems to me places like California and Florida, with the added salt in the air, would have safety measures/materials built in. So my thought, initially, is a) it was a fluke, or b) the construction wasn't done by a company experienced in pools. Thanks for any thoughts.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    ...due to the "corrosive nature of the humid, chorinated air"? This happened recently at a pool I swim at, and I have never heard of it happening anywhere. Thoughts? Experiences? I'm hearing from the peanut gallery (i.e. non-swimmers) that this sort of thing must happen or will happen elsewhere. Seems to me places like California and Florida, with the added salt in the air, would have safety measures/materials built in. So my thought, initially, is a) it was a fluke, or b) the construction wasn't done by a company experienced in pools. Thanks for any thoughts. California has low humdity and most folks lived at least 20 miles to 50 miles from the ocean since living next to the Ocean is expensive. In fact in both LA and Orange County the population is more inland because of the high cost of housing. The show, the OC was about Newport Beach but most people can't afford Newport Beach. Aaron Perisol grew up there when it was a lot cheaper.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    ...due to the "corrosive nature of the humid, chorinated air"? This happened recently at a pool I swim at, and I have never heard of it happening anywhere. Thoughts? Experiences? I'm hearing from the peanut gallery (i.e. non-swimmers) that this sort of thing must happen or will happen elsewhere. Seems to me places like California and Florida, with the added salt in the air, would have safety measures/materials built in. So my thought, initially, is a) it was a fluke, or b) the construction wasn't done by a company experienced in pools. Thanks for any thoughts. California has low humdity and most folks lived at least 20 miles to 50 miles from the ocean since living next to the Ocean is expensive. In fact in both LA and Orange County the population is more inland because of the high cost of housing. The show, the OC was about Newport Beach but most people can't afford Newport Beach. Aaron Perisol grew up there when it was a lot cheaper.
Children
No Data