What kick pattern for distance freestyle

I'm coming back into swimming after a 46 year break. Back in the dark ages distance freestylers used the 4 beat & cross kicking technique. What is the current kicking pattern used by most distance freestyle swimmers?
Parents
  • yes and convicted druggie and current WR holder Sun Yang does a 6beat almost catchup stroke. of the 2 americans that have won the gold at 1500m...Brian Goodell was a 2beat and Mike O'brien changed to a 4-6beat after being a 2beat. and to add to that Tiffany Cohen was a 2beat in the 800m and more 4-6 in the 400m for her 2 golds. i am pretty sure the same can be said about Janet Evans. as PWB said, it is highly personal.
  • yes and convicted druggie and current WR holder Sun Yang does a 6beat almost catchup stroke. of the 2 americans that have won the gold at 1500m...Brian Goodell was a 2beat and Mike O'brien changed to a 4-6beat after being a 2beat. and to add to that Tiffany Cohen was a 2beat in the 800m and more 4-6 in the 400m for her 2 golds. i am pretty sure the same can be said about Janet Evans. as PWB said, it is highly personal.
Children
No Data